Technical Writer, IRD (Innovation, Research & Development) m/w/d 100%
Work location: Dietikon, Switzerland
Target & Purpose of the position:
Creation and maintenance of technical documentation in accordance with standards and guidelines
Responsible for the entire process of creating documentation, from your own research and creating the information concept to publication
- Creation and continuous maintenance of standard-compliant technical machine documentation in accordance with the requirements of the “Machine Directive” and the contractually agreed customer requirements
- In cooperation with IRD conception and creation of technical illustrations as well as photographs, training videos, etc.
Close cooperation with internal departments and external service providers (e.g. translation agencies)
- Contribute to the further development of the documentation systems and their filing structures
Cooperation with the documentation departments of the other Signode branches to define an overarching standard (corporate identity)
- Continuous improvement process: review of technical machine documentation and technical specifications
- Collaboration in special IRD projects worldwide (US/EU)
What we’re looking for:
- Education: Completed technical education, further training or studies in the field of technical editing / communication
Language skills: Good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
Technical understanding and enjoy presenting complex technical contexts in an understandable way
- Legal, standards and guideline security
- Very good knowledge with DTP, image editing and graphics programs (Adobe), as well as basic knowledge of content management systems (e.g. Schema ST4).
- At least two years of professional experience in a comparable function
- Basic knowledge in electrical engineering
- Willingness for occasional business travel
Precise work style, good at organizing tasks, excellent communication style to achieve best results in information research
Systematic work behaviour and Team Player
- Assertiveness, Initiative
Why Work for Signode?
Signode is a global market leader for industrial packaging and provides solutions to protect, secure, simplify and streamline the bulk transportation of goods. We develop, produce and market consumables and equipment worldwide and are proud of our recognized industry brands.
We’re a business who care and value our people and we’re looking for a person to fill this role to help make us even better. We’re also going through a lot of change meaning this is an exciting time and a great opportunity for someone with the experiences we’re looking for.
This is an exciting role where you’ll make a positive difference to our business on a daily basis. Although primarily focused on Europe, you’ll be speaking to people from across different parts of European region with opportunities to support IRD global! This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop themselves but also working within a team to help develop our team.
If the role excites you and you feel you meet the requirements of this role, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please send your application to Mr Heinzer firstname.lastname@example.org
Signode Switzerland GmbH