Location: Ebikon, Lucerne, Switzerland
Requisition ID: 26741
Schindler stands for mobility. Mobility needs experts.
Join our team in Ebikon.
Founded in Switzerland in 1874, the Schindler Group is a leading global provider of elevators, escalators, and related services. Schindler mobility solutions move one billion people every day all over the world. Behind the company's success are over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries.
The Corporate Technical Documentation department is responsible for all the creation, translation and publications of the group technical documentation.
Senior Corporate Technical Author − Information Architect 60-100% (m/f)
Mobility is the goal
In this position, you create value by supporting development and enforcement of concepts, standards and processes towards a state of art know-how transfer from R&D to the field. Within a small core team of experts, the author ensures the quality standard of technical information products through close collaboration with document requesters and offshore authors.
In addition to the daily business, you will mainly be responsible for the following tasks:
- Identify needed information and create structured information products
- Further development of methods and standards supporting future know-how transfer
- Providing information architecture support to requesters
- Creation of master documents and templates for technical authors
- Quality control and training for technical authors
Mobility needs you
You have strong communication and coordination skills, are capable to work under pressure, a teamplayer, structured thinker and willing to go the extra mile to meet deadlines.
Furthermore, you possess the following qualifications:
- You have a very good knowledge about technical documentation and information architecture.
- You are highly experienced as technical author and information architect, meaning you have min. 3 to 5 years’ experience in that field.
- You are an expert in modularized documentation approaches (Functional Design, Information Mapping)
- You have a technical education (Electro mechanics, Mechatronics or similar)
- You are an expert in markup languages for technical documentation (DITA, S1000D) and have a good knowledge in Simplified Technical English.
Do you want to move the future with us?
For questions please don’t hesitate to ask Stefanie Fasel, Phone +41414454435
- 3224 – Informationsmanager Vernetzungsthemen m/w/d - Miele
- Technischer Redakteur (m/w) – Metrohm International Headquarters
- Übersetzer/Übersetzungsmanager (m/w) – Metrohm International Headquarters
- Terminologe (m/w) – Metrohm International Headquarters
- Leitung Technische Redaktion & Mitarbeiter bei TOP-Arbeitgeber
- Senior Corporate Technical Author − Information Architect 60-100% (m/f) – Schindler
- Bachelor-Praktikum – Technische Redaktion (m/w) 100% – Franke Coffee Systems